View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 wipe server 

Post Re: wipe server
The no-wipe policy this server always advertised is one of the main PROS of this place and one of the main reasons why some people joined and why some continue to invest or coming back here.
I've been playing here only for 3 years and although i'm going back and forth, trying other servers too from time to time, this is where i always land. I've been playing l2 servers since C3 and this server has the greatest potential of ALL!

The problem here has nothing to do with wipe, nor would wipe, solve anything in the long term. The thing here and whether the server will thrive or keep dying has to do with things related to updates and adapting the server to what people really need today. Things change, players needs change, l2 economy change as time goes by and above all, players need to know there is future. Someone needs to monitor all this and adapt to what's needed. So, i'm sure that if BALLS had time to spend on the server, test things himself, see how broken some things are (like the famous PVP balance thing with healers discussed in the past, mele DD classes, archers and such), try new ideas proposed in the past (farm zones, pvp bonuses, e.t.c), server would be in a much better position. Population would be higher and economy would be in a better state. Right now, you cannot find most top +20 weapons/armors in the market. Noone sells. Same with GCM. only a few are sold and that's 5bilion each. The server is dying but you can be sure that wipe will not solve this. We can only pray that BALLS will soon find some time to invest on coding/testing things here.

There are many ideas on how to introduce challenges for players. I remember for example the group farm zone l2 Extreme had, 12 years ago... The whole group had to work really hard just to stay alive and farm there but this was actually profitable. Compared to HZ here, there is huge difference... Such things can be easily fixed and give a great boost to the server. Of course, someone needs to spend some time listen and then significant time coding/testing. The truth is, everyone has his priorities and it is clear that right now this is not a top priority. On my end and i know many do the same, we just patiently wait and see whether this will change.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:14 am

I totally agree with agree, noone with leave and a lot of people look at tops 200 pvp looking for newest servers. In all top l2 you can easily see l2equanimity as premium and noone come to test the serv causa this is old.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:45 pm
Site Admin

But the reason why people want to play the newest servers is because those servers are the ones farthest away from wipes and "presumably" have better features, which is not always true on that second part.

The people running these junky servers have created a "wipe culture", which drives the way we choose servers.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:54 pm
Profile WWW

I agree with balls just wiping the server won't change a thing, we would be back in this situation again in a year or so, what then wipe again?? Why would I play when I know each year or 2 a wipe 100% is coming lol... the issue is balls is limited on time, and until that changes there is no real solution, simple as that. Life 1st , gaming 2nd :)

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:37 am

Heat wrote:
I agree with balls just wiping the server won't change a thing, we would be back in this situation again in a year or so, what then wipe again?? Why would I play when I know each year or 2 a wipe 100% is coming lol... the issue is balls is limited on time, and until that changes there is no real solution, simple as that. Life 1st , gaming 2nd :)

+1 on this one

Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:01 am

So then stop qqing about change mobs that won't change nothing. Server already got plenty things to do anew player. Adding more things for old player will make the gap more high. So leave server as it is .

mess with the best die like the rest

Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:25 am

Your reaction says enough agree....how old are you 4?

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:46 am

3. you qqing about everything balls add or doing. cause old players do not got nothing to do. so on my eyes a wipe could fix that. wipe or not for me is the same. said that that could bring some more fun even for a year on server. and then back to same.

mess with the best die like the rest

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:33 am

After so many years in and out of L2 servers it is kind of funny seeing people claim that a wipe would solve anything. I'm 100% with BALLS on this thing. You should not ask for a wipe under no circumstances. No server deserve that and no player should have to start from the beginning in order to enjoy playing here. Wiping a server is the most fail strategy for any server and a clear signal that admin has no idea on what he's doing. It's also very indecent for the players who have invested time and money on the server.

So once again, there are plenty of ideas on what to do here in order to bring life back but all boils down to the amount of time admin can spend right now. We all know real life has priority over any l2 server so we can only wait and pray that time will come when BALLS can invest again here.

As much as I love this server and want to see it grow, I'm prepared to wait as much as I have, as i'm convinced that this is the place to be for the long run.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2