View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Three suggestions to improve the servers Health 

Post Three suggestions to improve the servers Health
A few things I like to suggest after playing on other servers. I will start with the most important one.
Change the vote reward. GE is still fine, but there should be more to it. I haven't voted in 2 years because there is nothing to gain for me. You could say "you should vote for the well being of the server", but why do vote rewards exist then in the first place. And lets be honest, almost none votes without a proper reward. So, make the reward a temporary item that gives a small amount of stats. Like 3% patk/matk/hp etc. It shouldn't compromise the balance but it will motivate everyone to vote to get that little extra advantage.

My second suggestion is to do something with the PvP count system. Right now after you kill someone and they come back its useless to try and kill that person again, you wont gain anything. Also in mass PvP you don't receive even half of the PvPs that you have done. I don't really recall the reason for this system being implemented, maybe to stop feeding. This still happens though, but slower while taking a lot away.

My third suggestion would be something like a arena, like other people suggested before. Random PvP grounds like we have in events. Just full buff, PvP counts, not event kills. Could be different modes like anonymous free for all, open pvp(not anon) and TvT with the addition of the server making the parties.(So when you spawn you are already in a full party/cc with your team). Things like clan buffs would be nice if took effect on all in your team, but wouldn't be a must have.

I know Balls is limited on time and energy, so I don't see the 3rd suggestion happening anytime soon. However the first 2 suggestions should be a priority to increase the Health of the server. Please reply with your thoughts in the form of arguments so we can come to the best decision together. As anyone I'm human and might've overlooked (major)things while writing this.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:47 am

Post Re: Three suggestions to improve the servers Health
About vote I have said to balls this like 4 years and gr told me that it will make server more unbalanced. I don't see 5% of p attack or m attack makes so big difference. With this way you force ppl to vote and trust me they will do it.

mess with the best die like the rest

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:18 am

Agree wrote:
About vote I have said to balls this like 4 years and gr told me that it will make server more unbalanced. I don't see 5% of p attack or m attack makes so big difference. With this way you force ppl to vote and trust me they will do it.

Thats why I said stat increase in general. If balls is convinced it will make the server unbalanced if patk/matk gets increased then lets look at others stats. HP/CP/Atk spd,cast spd, any stat can be a nice extra. As I mentioned 3% would do fine already. Lets try to convince Balls with the right arguments.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:37 am

Halidith wrote:

My third suggestion would be something like a arena, like other people suggested before. Random PvP grounds like we have in events. Just full buff, PvP counts, not event kills. Could be different modes like anonymous free for all, open pvp(not anon) and TvT with the addition of the server making the parties.(So when you spawn you are already in a full party/cc with your team). Things like clan buffs would be nice if took effect on all in your team, but wouldn't be a must have.

My suggestion would go in that way also, but I would try to make it ranked or limited, so everyone could have their fun until they reach the top.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Yeah i have said him same but he denied. Ha

Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:18 pm

Halidith wrote:
My second suggestion is to do something with the PvP count system. Right now after you kill someone and they come back its useless to try and kill that person again, you wont gain anything. Also in mass PvP you don't receive even half of the PvPs that you have done. I don't really recall the reason for this system being implemented, maybe to stop feeding. This still happens though, but slower while taking a lot away.

There is a timer after you kill someone before they are worth another PVP streak/pvp point. This was done to reduce feeding, along with a few other things. I don't see it being changed because it is to prevent someone from farming the pvp streak rewards 12, 15 etc you have a chance for GCM I believe. Yes in mass pvp when someone dies a lot over and over, you won't get a pvp kill for every one, but who cares? Is the pvp kill point/streak more important than the kill itself? People place too much value on them which is why people feed in the first place, also if you want more fight everyone, that way you have more people to kill and thus more pvp points.

Halidith wrote:

So you want the events we have now, but changed to annon? You can't have the game auto full buff people nor auto create teams or it will mess up and people will complain. Reasons are there is no 1 buff set that fits all classes, in fact 3 buff sets even won't cover all types, and 1 class can use many different types of buffs depending on play style which makes it harder to auto buff people. As for the parties, people have long complained about how the sides are sorted, and teams will be even worse, especially if you have say 12 people on 1 side and 1 support character, how would you set up that as teams, since team size is capped at 9.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:15 pm

Lirael wrote:
There is a timer after you kill someone before they are worth another PVP streak/pvp point. This was done to reduce feeding, along with a few other things. I don't see it being changed because it is to prevent someone from farming the pvp streak rewards 12, 15 etc you have a chance for GCM I believe. Yes in mass pvp when someone dies a lot over and over, you won't get a pvp kill for every one, but who cares? Is the pvp kill point/streak more important than the kill itself? People place too much value on them which is why people feed in the first place, also if you want more fight everyone, that way you have more people to kill and thus more pvp points.

I meant actual PvP count, not the streak. As I thought it was to reduce feeding, however it only slows it down. I never noticed receiving GCM from a PvP streak, only cloak. 15 is the max anyway. I think being rewarded for what you did is only fair, i.e. getting a +1 pvp for when you kill someone. You ask if its more important than the kill itself. Well, isn't that the whole reason why there is a ranking. If the only reason that the delay is there is to stop feeding then I think we should look for a other solution. There sure are more variable involved to look at than just time between kill.

Lirael wrote:
So you want the events we have now, but changed to annon? You can't have the game auto full buff people nor auto create teams or it will mess up and people will complain. Reasons are there is no 1 buff set that fits all classes, in fact 3 buff sets even won't cover all types, and 1 class can use many different types of buffs depending on play style which makes it harder to auto buff people. As for the parties, people have long complained about how the sides are sorted, and teams will be even worse, especially if you have say 12 people on 1 side and 1 support character, how would you set up that as teams, since team size is capped at 9.

It are 3 types of events with full buff. Sorry I forgot to mention that by full buff I meant people keep their buffs before porting in. There can be a NPC buffer at their spawn and everyone automatically gets noblesse buff. Also if everyone has full buff support characters wont be as strong any more. They still are relevant, just less. As epm mentioned there could be a limited version of it. Also team size doesn't have to be capped at 9, just a second party in command channel. I was sceptic at first too when reading suggestions like this, but after trying it out it is pretty good.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:44 am

Halidith wrote:
I meant actual PvP count, not the streak. As I thought it was to reduce feeding, however it only slows it down. I never noticed receiving GCM from a PvP streak, only cloak. 15 is the max anyway. I think being rewarded for what you did is only fair, i.e. getting a +1 pvp for when you kill someone. You ask if its more important than the kill itself. Well, isn't that the whole reason why there is a ranking. If the only reason that the delay is there is to stop feeding then I think we should look for a other solution. There sure are more variable involved to look at than just time between kill.

The problem is, anytime there is an anti feed system in place, people that want to feed will find a way around it, doing the timer system is the best as in a good mass pop, aside from healers or someone who really sucks you shouldn't be killing someone faster than that timer, and if it's the above it minimizes how many "easy" pvp points you can gain. And I have had times where I killed 1 person many times in a row but only got half of the kills from it because of the timer, but I was fine with it, and the pop streak does NOT stop at 15, just most people don't make it higher. At least it used to go higher. Again, don't put so much weight on the pvp score, as there are many on there who HAVE farmed kills, or only come out when they outnumber their enemy and with full buffs, it isn't a display of a players skill level.

Halidith wrote:
It are 3 types of events with full buff. Sorry I forgot to mention that by full buff I meant people keep their buffs before porting in. There can be a NPC buffer at their spawn and everyone automatically gets noblesse buff. Also if everyone has full buff support characters wont be as strong any more. They still are relevant, just less. As epm mentioned there could be a limited version of it. Also team size doesn't have to be capped at 9, just a second party in command channel. I was sceptic at first too when reading suggestions like this, but after trying it out it is pretty good.

We have normal pvp for that, and doing something that limits the use of support characters in an event is detrimental to people playing supports and will cause less to play, not to mention with full buffs, unless you can also use full potions as well there will be far fewer kills due to running out of MP in that scenario. I like the anon part of it for events, but even with that, it isn't too hard to figure out who people are unless there is a lot of people in it. I still think the auto party thing isn't needed, people are more than capable of setting up a party themselves, all it takes is 1 person to make it.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:24 pm

For the vote question it's easy to resolve. Make only hopezone for vote page keep the same random prize but make also 3% of main status and give one gcm 100% chance this will make a little more easy getting ppl vote and will benefit everyone!

Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]