View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Nerf all defences 

Post Re: Nerf all defences
The problem is not the Def..... the problem are the formulas of the server that calculate the damage at all. Balls already said ones that it all need to get rewritten. Nerfing that affect the P/M Def would bring alot other problems trust me. Few servers tried that and failed alot. Its the same shit as if you increase the skillpower of any skill. Ingame it does a huge difference if you increase/decrease it with that simple "fix". As i said. Its the whole damage formula for each class/attribute and extra stats items(bossjewels for example). Aslong this thing isnt working good you can increase/decrease things but the result will be terrible.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:54 am

Attributes are entirely not a problem. Attributes have no reverse-mitigation, so assuming I'm wearing a 120x3 mixed set of armor facing off against someone with a 300 weapon, worst case scenario I have 240 defense to their 300, meaning they do 20% more bonus damage. Best case scenario I have over 300 elemental defense to match their attack, meaning they have no bonus damage. Calculate damage like normal.

The problem is redoing damage formulas are what other servers HAVE done and failed at. Correctly doing it will take lots of time and testing and would take away from other features this server would be getting. A band-aid fix would be a reduction, albeit a slight one, to additional defenses to compensate. This game wasn't really made around everyone having +20 armor sets and jewel sets and weapons. Hell, the absolute best enchanted weapon I ever saw on retail prior to Goddess of Destruction was a +20 Angel Slayer, which took the guy that had it over 6 years of building courage and having backup plans to make. Prior to that, the best weapons I ever saw were +8 or +9 at most. Best armor set I ever saw were freaking +8 Dark Crystal robes. Hardly anyone dared go over +6 on an entire armor set because the defenses and health boosts weren't worth the risk. The bonus defenses with my idea would drop the overall gear PDef bonus gained from enchanting from 54x5 (270 total) to 47x5 (or 235 total). Doesn't affect the existing formula, gives a minuscule drop in the defenses.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:15 pm

I also agree, out of all my suggestions of solution, nerfing the enchant bonuses seems the easiest one to do, is the one that makes the most sense (as the game wasn't really designed for that) and also the one that will cause the less "imbalances" as it should affect everyone more or less the same.

It would be similar to making the max enchant +16 instead of +20, but we can't really change that now, can we? :p

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:01 pm

i would even vote for +10 max on armor and +16 max on weapon. I think it could be good but would like to see the damage output ingame first.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:46 pm

For sure something must be done for this.
I have run numerous tests with my titan,dagger and mages here. Damage output should be higher for sure. The problem is more obvious on robe chars when you see them surviving easily while 3 mele DD are hitting them. This does not makes sense. Titan in full heavy armor taking the same damage as a robe user DOES NOT make sense.

There are many ways to address this issue and I agree that some ways may create more problems but at least someone should try fix this. Endless pvp is one of the reasons I hadn't play here for a year. This week i tried my luck, logged in and experienced the server in a worse condition than 1 year ago. Population seems to be further reduced, GCM prices went up as i had predicted, economy does not offer what you need in terms of equipment variation and so on. As of PVP it is still dead and with the same people try to fight each other.

For God sake Balls, can you do anything about these points? I know you have been focused on other areas but it has been almost 2 years now so can you let us know whether there are any plans to seriously work on the server in the near future? I hate to see this server die. The work you have already put here is enormous

Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:23 am
Site Admin

victor1gr wrote:
For sure something must be done for this.
I have run numerous tests with my titan,dagger and mages here. Damage output should be higher for sure. The problem is more obvious on robe chars when you see them surviving easily while 3 mele DD are hitting them. This does not makes sense. Titan in full heavy armor taking the same damage as a robe user DOES NOT make sense.

There are many ways to address this issue and I agree that some ways may create more problems but at least someone should try fix this. Endless pvp is one of the reasons I hadn't play here for a year. This week i tried my luck, logged in and experienced the server in a worse condition than 1 year ago. Population seems to be further reduced, GCM prices went up as i had predicted, economy does not offer what you need in terms of equipment variation and so on. As of PVP it is still dead and with the same people try to fight each other.

For God sake Balls, can you do anything about these points? I know you have been focused on other areas but it has been almost 2 years now so can you let us know whether there are any plans to seriously work on the server in the near future? I hate to see this server die. The work you have already put here is enormous

2 years? what kind of crack you been smoking?

Unity items were added december 2016, thats almost a year ago now.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:14 am
Profile WWW

Hello,
I do not consider Unity items and other small changes as 'real updates' we've been discussing here for years.

These are, PVP balancing changes, dynamic farm zones, economy changes. Those are the kind of changes that will make the server grow. There needs to be a plan and serious effort on keep updating the server. There needs to be a roadmap at some point. As said, i completely understand you have other priorities. All i'm asking is whether you see anything changing on this side. You know that personally, I have put alot of time and significant amount of money on this server which means i found some real value from being here.

Considering the above, if your previous answer was the best you could say, then i guess the game is already over. I feel really sad for this.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:45 am
Site Admin

I would consider unity items, ambition system, and dragon weapons update big updates that make big improvements to the server and give people a lot more to do, and not only that, helps new players as well.

There will be more updates, but i have no time frame

But we are obviously on much different pages then eachother

Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:07 am
Profile WWW

Most players don't care so much for that type of visual updates Balls like Victor says almost all of the old players are waiting deep changes to return to the unique and serious server around.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:25 am

Balls wrote:
I would consider unity items, ambition system, and dragon weapons update big updates that make big improvements to the server and give people a lot more to do, and not only that, helps new players as well.

There will be more updates, but i have no time frame

But we are obviously on much different pages then eachother

I understand you have put in a lot of work in unity, ambition and dragon items, but you have to understand that this is not what most of "your" players wanted or needed. And I really think we should focus on players we have now, instead of worrying about new players too much. I know you don't like to hear this, but I noticed that I don't see much of the old players anymore. But I understand you are too busy with your business now. Nothing we can do about this but wait.

This is just my opinion, but I really think we should change the siege rules where other clans cannot come into the battle zone. We should just let them do anything they want, but let the main clan keep one castle each. If a big clan wants their enemy to lose their castle, they can work with other small clans take their enemies castle so small clans can get some action as well (instead of using alt clan to take it). I think this will make clans to work more together with each other and everyone will get some kind of action in siege. Even a big clan will ask for help from a small clan when they get zerged.

I would like to hear other player's opinion on this as well.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next